Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wait

Go away, please go away;
I can't scream with you here next to me.
Go away, just go away;
I can't cry I don't want you to see.

Can't you see that I don't want to talk?
Is your head as hard as a rock?
Your kindness makes the pain so much worse;
what you're saying is sweet, but it feels too rehearsed.
It's like you don't even know who I am.

I can't explain
what it is that makes me feel this way.
But I'll try, to explain
why I feel like this day after day.

It isn't one single event,
my heart isn't broken or bent.
I always fall for nice guys so it's hard not to cry
when I'm not what they're looking for.
So I wait, and I wait and hope for twists of fate,
for a prince to come knock on my door.

But I'm tired of waiting and waiting for you.
I'm tired of waiting, not knowing for whom.
I'm sick of these tears that ceaselessly fall.
I feel like I'm hitting my head against a wall.

Go ahead, yes go ahead.
Say, "Just give it a little more time."
Go ahead, I know you're right,
and I'll give it a little more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment